Emergency Solutions Grant funds are available for nonprofits.
Written by Anthony Bicy
Belden Communications News
Volusia County has announced that U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development Emergency Solutions Gant (ESG) funds are being made available to eligible ESG programs. Nonprofit 501(c)(3) organizations are eligible to submit applications for this funding.
Applications are for the following program components:
- Homelessness prevention: For individuals or families who are at imminent risk of becoming homeless
- Rapid re-housing: For individuals or families living in shelters or places not meant for human habitation, moving them as quickly as possible.
Both programs are required to serve the entire county and follow the standards of the Commission on Homelessness and Housing for Volusia and Flagler Counties.
According to a release, the amount available for rapid re-housing is $79,686, and the amount available for homelessness prevention is $79,685. Successful applicants must provide a 100 percent match of the funds received. This funding is prohibited from serving Flagler County.
Applications will be accepted from now until Noon on Friday, August 6, 2021.
For more information on the application, documents needed, or to apply, visit www.volusia.org/community_assistance/applications or contact Edina Chester at 386-736-5955, ext. 12908, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Most Popular Articles
- DUI Checkpoint to Run This Weekend on Dunlawton
- Some City Residents Advised to Boil Water Through Wednesday
- Detectives Believe Body Found in Daytona is that of Murder Suspect
- Mosquito-Borne Illnesses Increase in Volusia County
- Port Orange Woman Wins $750,000 On Scratch Off
- Police Seeking Person of Interest in Port Orange Death
- Port Orange Fire Department Deploys to Florida Panhandle
- Just Us Girls Event to Feature Charity Auction for Murder Victim?s Family