Get involved and support the Bahamas! Read more to find out how!
Source: Daytona Beach News Journal
How to help
Who: “Volusia for the Bahamas"
When: 3:30 to 5:30 pm Sunday.
Where: Airport Road Park, 6751 Airport Road in Port Orange
More Info: Call 386-871-4663, or go to the group’s Facebook page. After Sunday, the following locations can collect donations during business hours: Caton-Hosey Insurance 3731 S Nova Road, Port Orange, 386-767-3161: Odyssey Travel, 146 S. Atlantic Ave. Coastal Tattoo, 5257 S. Ridgewood Ave, Port Orange, LaBosco’s Jewelry Castle 4360 Ridgewood Ave., Port Orange.
What To Give: All items going into the Bahamas must be tracked and properly boxed, so items bought and already packaged by the case help speed things along. Organizers ask that an itemized list accompany donations. Here’s what is needed:
- Bottled Water
- Juice Boxes
- Boxed Milk such as Parmalat and infant formula
- Canned Food Goods of all varieties
- Peanut Butter and jelly
- Baby food and related supplies
- Sanitary goods such as tampons, sanitary pads, and infant diapers of all sizes.
- Band-aids and antiseptic type creams
- Wipes of any brand for personal hygiene
- Charcoal and lighter fluid
- New Clothing, infant, child and adult
- Portable Generators
- Gas Cans
- Waterproof tarps and straps
- Batteries of all sizes for flashlights
- Pet Food
- Aspirin, antacids, Tylenol
- Toothpaste and toothbrushes
- Soap and deodorant
- New Spray Bottles
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Most Popular Articles
- DUI Checkpoint to Run This Weekend on Dunlawton
- Some City Residents Advised to Boil Water Through Wednesday
- Detectives Believe Body Found in Daytona is that of Murder Suspect
- Mosquito-Borne Illnesses Increase in Volusia County
- Port Orange Woman Wins $750,000 On Scratch Off
- Police Seeking Person of Interest in Port Orange Death
- Port Orange Fire Department Deploys to Florida Panhandle
- Just Us Girls Event to Feature Charity Auction for Murder Victim?s Family