House Fire in Port Orange Deemed Domestic Violence-Related Arson
Written by Kristen Schmutz
Belden Communications News
It was earlier reported that a home off of Landis Ave., and Turton St. in Port Orange went up in flames in the early hours of the morning, Thursday.
According to a release from the Port Orange Police Department Upon arrival, the residence was fully involved, and one patient was found to have sustained injury. The patient was subsequently transported to Halifax Hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.
During the onset of the investigation, it was established the fire was suspicious in nature and the State Fire Marshall was contacted to assist. At this time the incident is believed to be a domestic violence-related arson incident. The investigation into this matter is active and ongoing. Updates will be provided as they come available.
Officer Fleming of the POPD stated in an email that POPD is currently looking for a person of interest to question about this incident. The residence in question is a known location to which the Police department has responded for numerous calls for service (including disturbances and narcotic complaints. We will be updating you with information as information becomes available.
Anyone who has information regarding this incident is encouraged to contact Detective Ben Benezette, at 386-506-5893.
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Most Popular Articles
- DUI Checkpoint to Run This Weekend on Dunlawton
- Some City Residents Advised to Boil Water Through Wednesday
- Detectives Believe Body Found in Daytona is that of Murder Suspect
- Mosquito-Borne Illnesses Increase in Volusia County
- Port Orange Woman Wins $750,000 On Scratch Off
- Police Seeking Person of Interest in Port Orange Death
- Port Orange Fire Department Deploys to Florida Panhandle
- Just Us Girls Event to Feature Charity Auction for Murder Victim?s Family