House Fire on Landis Ave in Port Orange.
Written by Kristen Schmutz
Belden Communications News
A home off of Landis Ave., and Turton St. in Port Orange was set ablaze around 2:00 a.m. to 3:00 a.m. Thursday morning.
First responders were on the scene and were able to put the fire out, but the house is unsalvageable.
Red Cross was on the scene to help the owners of the home.
Kristen Schmutz, News Editor for Belden Communications News, was on scene this morning, talking to homeowner Tom Schaffer about the blaze. Schaffer is one of the homeowners to home involved.
According to witnesses, the fire started after a resident of the home used lighter fluid to set his girlfriend on fire. The woman, whose identity has yet to revealed, was taken to Halifax Medical Center in Daytona Beach for treatment.
This is an on-going story and will be updated as more information is received.
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Most Popular Articles
- DUI Checkpoint to Run This Weekend on Dunlawton
- Some City Residents Advised to Boil Water Through Wednesday
- Detectives Believe Body Found in Daytona is that of Murder Suspect
- Mosquito-Borne Illnesses Increase in Volusia County
- Port Orange Woman Wins $750,000 On Scratch Off
- Police Seeking Person of Interest in Port Orange Death
- Port Orange Fire Department Deploys to Florida Panhandle
- Just Us Girls Event to Feature Charity Auction for Murder Victim?s Family