Man Arrested for Fatal September Hit-and-Run
Port Orange,FL - A Port Orange man is behind bars today after his arrest for a crash police said he caused that resulted in the death of a bicyclist.
Michael Sollberger, 28, of Port Orange, was arrested and charged with leaving the scene of a fatal crash and driving without a license.
Police say Sollberger was driving north on South Nova Road in Daytona Beach after 8:00 p.m. on the night of September 28th when a he collided with a bicyclist and failed to stop to render aid.
The impact threw the front tire of the bicycle more than 100 feet from the crash site.
Police used surveillance videos and assistance from the public to identify Sollberger’s vehicle.
The victim, Bruce Stanley Wilson, 61, was a resident of the street where the accident occurred. He died on the scene.
Sollberger is in the Volusia County jail with a bond of $20,500.
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Most Popular Articles
- DUI Checkpoint to Run This Weekend on Dunlawton
- Some City Residents Advised to Boil Water Through Wednesday
- Detectives Believe Body Found in Daytona is that of Murder Suspect
- Mosquito-Borne Illnesses Increase in Volusia County
- Port Orange Woman Wins $750,000 On Scratch Off
- Police Seeking Person of Interest in Port Orange Death
- Port Orange Fire Department Deploys to Florida Panhandle
- Just Us Girls Event to Feature Charity Auction for Murder Victim?s Family