Memorial Services Announced for Councilman Bob Ford
Port Orange, FL - Details of the memorial service for Councilman Bob Ford have been announced. Ford, 74, passed away on Saturday December 22, 2018.
A celebration of life for Ford will be held Saturday, January 12, 2019 at 2:00 PM at Volusia Memorial Funeral Home, 4815 S Clyde Morris Blvd, Port Orange, Florida 32129. An online condolences board is available at VolusiaMemorialFuneral.com to share memories and messages with the family.
Ford was re-elected last month for another term on the City Council; a special election will have to be held to fill the District 1 vacancy. Discussions regarding timing of the special election will commence as City offices reopen after the holiday.
Many took to social media to share their condolences to the family and to the City of Port Orange on the loss of an influential leader like Ford.
Volusia County Commissioner Heather Post shared her thoughts after receiving the news of Ford’s passing.
“My heart aches this evening at the news of Port Orange City Councilman Bob Ford’s passing. He was smart, kind, compassionate & never failed to have supportive words when our paths crossed,” tweeted Post. “This is a deep loss for our community & I will miss him dearly.”
The City Council meets next on Tuesday, January 8, 2019, where discussion will most definitely involve the absence left by the passing of Ford, as he was a mainstay on the Council and a man many considered a friend.
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Most Popular Articles
- DUI Checkpoint to Run This Weekend on Dunlawton
- Some City Residents Advised to Boil Water Through Wednesday
- Detectives Believe Body Found in Daytona is that of Murder Suspect
- Mosquito-Borne Illnesses Increase in Volusia County
- Port Orange Woman Wins $750,000 On Scratch Off
- Police Seeking Person of Interest in Port Orange Death
- Port Orange Fire Department Deploys to Florida Panhandle
- Just Us Girls Event to Feature Charity Auction for Murder Victim?s Family