Port Orange: DUI Checkpoint Scheduled May 18
Port Orange Police Department will be conducting a DUI checkpoint on Friday, May 18. The checkpoint is scheduled to occur between the hours of 10:00 PM and 2:00 AM in the 1300 block of Dunlawton Avenue.
The checkpoint is being funded by a $12,000 grant from the Florida Department of Transportation. Evan Doyle, Port Orange Police Department’s Community Relations and Public Information Officer, says the department is planning to hold “monthly saturation patrols in the city” which are intended to catch drivers under the influence and money from the grant will be utilized to pay any overtime to the police officers who are manning the checkpoints.
Doyle states “it is the goal of Port Orange Police Department to reduce the number of instances of impaired driving and ensure the greatest level of safety for residents and visitors alike.”
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Most Popular Articles
- DUI Checkpoint to Run This Weekend on Dunlawton
- Some City Residents Advised to Boil Water Through Wednesday
- Detectives Believe Body Found in Daytona is that of Murder Suspect
- Mosquito-Borne Illnesses Increase in Volusia County
- Port Orange Woman Wins $750,000 On Scratch Off
- Police Seeking Person of Interest in Port Orange Death
- Port Orange Fire Department Deploys to Florida Panhandle
- Just Us Girls Event to Feature Charity Auction for Murder Victim?s Family