Port Orange Police Officer passes away due to COVID-19.
Written by Kristen Schmutz
Belden Communications News
The Port Orange Police Department announced Thursday the passing of one their own due to the COVID-19 virus, with permission from the officer’s family.
Officer Justin White, a veteran member of the police department for 15 years, passed away Thursday morning. He leaves behind a loving wife, children, and police department.
According to a release, Officer White was a dedicated husband, father, and fierce advocate for the officers he worked alongside. During his time at the police department, Officer White was a K9 handler/Instructor, Crime Suppression Team member, and a Union President.
"We are grateful for his service, dedication, and sacrifice to our agency and the community," said the Port Orange Police Department in a release.
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Most Popular Articles
- DUI Checkpoint to Run This Weekend on Dunlawton
- Some City Residents Advised to Boil Water Through Wednesday
- Detectives Believe Body Found in Daytona is that of Murder Suspect
- Mosquito-Borne Illnesses Increase in Volusia County
- Port Orange Woman Wins $750,000 On Scratch Off
- Police Seeking Person of Interest in Port Orange Death
- Port Orange Fire Department Deploys to Florida Panhandle
- Just Us Girls Event to Feature Charity Auction for Murder Victim?s Family