State-Funded COVID-19 Testing Site at the Fair Grounds will be Moving as of November 2.
Written by Kristen Schmutz
Belden Communications News
As earlier reported, the state-funded testing site for COVID- 19, which is currently located at the Volusia County Fair Grounds will be moving come November 2.
The new testing site was announced during the Volusia County Council meeting early Tuesday and will be moving to its new location at the New Smyrna Beach City Gym located on Live Oak St.
Moving the testing site from the Fair Grounds did not change days or hours of operation. The site will still be open from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. seven days a week and appointments or symptoms are not needed to get tested. However, the testing site will be closed both Thursday and Friday, November 26, and 27 due to the Thanksgiving holiday.
The test will still be a self-administered nasal swab for viral testing of the COVID-19 virus. Test results are expected in 2 to 5 days. Adults 18 years of age and older must present a photo ID.
When the new testing site opens, officials at the site will begin to collect insurance information, but the test itself will still be free to the patient. If a patient does not have any insurance information to provide, then a test will still be administered at no charge.
For more information on testing please visit Volusia.org.
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Most Popular Articles
- DUI Checkpoint to Run This Weekend on Dunlawton
- Some City Residents Advised to Boil Water Through Wednesday
- Detectives Believe Body Found in Daytona is that of Murder Suspect
- Mosquito-Borne Illnesses Increase in Volusia County
- Port Orange Woman Wins $750,000 On Scratch Off
- Police Seeking Person of Interest in Port Orange Death
- Port Orange Fire Department Deploys to Florida Panhandle
- Just Us Girls Event to Feature Charity Auction for Murder Victim?s Family