Two COVID-19 testing sites are opening in Volusia County.
Written by Kristen Schmutz
Belden Communications News
Volusia County Government has partnered with the Florida Department of Health in Volusia County, individual cities, and private companies to open two testing sites to accommodate testing demands due to recent COVID-19 case spikes in the area.
A testing site hosted by Curative, Inc. opened on Friday, September 3, at the Midtown Cultural and Educational Center off Engram Boulevard in Daytona Beach. The site is open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday and can accommodate up to six hundred self-collected nasal PCR tests daily.
Another testing site hosted by Nomi Health will open from 12 p.m. to 7 p.m. on Wednesday, September 8, at Dewey O. Boster Park off Saxon Boulevard in Deltona and from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Friday starting Thursday, September 9. Clinical workers will be on-site to administer nasal swab PCR tests and rapid antigen tests.
The results for PCR tests will be available within 48 hours, while the rapid test results will be available within twenty to forty minutes from the specimen collection. Testing at both sites is free, and people without health insurance can still receive a test.
Patients coming to the COVID-19 testing sites should wear a mask while on site.
Appointments are recommended at both testing sites but not required. To make an appointment for the Curative testing site in Daytona Beach, click here, or call 888-702-9042. To make an appointment at the Nomi Health testing site in Deltona, click here.
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Most Popular Articles
- DUI Checkpoint to Run This Weekend on Dunlawton
- Some City Residents Advised to Boil Water Through Wednesday
- Detectives Believe Body Found in Daytona is that of Murder Suspect
- Mosquito-Borne Illnesses Increase in Volusia County
- Port Orange Woman Wins $750,000 On Scratch Off
- Police Seeking Person of Interest in Port Orange Death
- Port Orange Fire Department Deploys to Florida Panhandle
- Just Us Girls Event to Feature Charity Auction for Murder Victim?s Family