State-run COVID Testing Site Running Strong in New Smyrna Beach.
Written by Kristen Schmutz
Belden Communications News
Since opening back on November 2, the state-operated COVID-19 testing site in New Smyrna Beach has performed more than 86,000 free tests. Yesterday alone, 1,433 people were tested.
The site, located at the City Gym, off Live Oak St., offers self-swab rapid antigen and PCR testing from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. daily. Results for rapid testing are expected within 15 minutes, while PCR results take two to five days.
The rapid antigen test is the primary test administered at the site.
Only persons who meet specific criteria as determined by the Florida Department of Emergency Management are provided a PCR test.
Insurance information is requested from insured individuals, but patients will not be charged any copay or coinsurance, and those without insurance will be tested free of charge.
Individuals can speed up the process by pre-registering at www.bit.ly/C19rapidtest. There is no age requirement for testing, and symptoms are not required.
For more information about local COVID-19 testing sites and other initiatives, visit www.volusia.org/coronavirus.
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Most Popular Articles
- DUI Checkpoint to Run This Weekend on Dunlawton
- Some City Residents Advised to Boil Water Through Wednesday
- Detectives Believe Body Found in Daytona is that of Murder Suspect
- Mosquito-Borne Illnesses Increase in Volusia County
- Port Orange Woman Wins $750,000 On Scratch Off
- Police Seeking Person of Interest in Port Orange Death
- Port Orange Fire Department Deploys to Florida Panhandle
- Just Us Girls Event to Feature Charity Auction for Murder Victim?s Family