USDA Extends Free Meals Through December.
Written by Kristen Schmutz
Belden Communications News
The United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) has extended the meal program that allows children 18 and under in schools and the community to eat for free.
Wednesday, September 9, all students attending in-person classes in Volusia County Schools will be able to receive their breakfast and lunch meals at no charge. A free, weekly curbside meal service option is also available for children who are not attending in-person classes.
Most schools will offer the weekly curbside option for those who are not attending in-person classes, see the pre-registration form for details. Virtual learning students who are not attending VCCS” Traditional Classroom are eligible for this meal option.
Pick up for curbside meals are on Tuesday’s from 6:30 a.m. to 7:00 a.m. starting September 15. The program will run until December 18 and will be bundled to include five breakfasts and five lunches.
Registration for meal pick up is required and must be completed weekly between 8 a.m. Tuesday and 11:59 p.m. Thursday for the following Tuesday’s pickup.
The pre-registration form can be found here.
All schools will serve curbside meals, except for Manatee Cove Elementary (pickup at River Springs Middle), Timbercrest Elementary (pickup at Galaxy Middle), and Turie T. Small Elementary (pickup at Campbell Middle).
Students attending Ivy Hawn, Richard Milburn Academy West, Richard Milburn Academy East, and AMI Kids will pay for meals based on their current meal eligibility.
All parents, regardless of where their children attend school are encouraged to apply for free or reduced meal benefits for this school year. Families may access the meal benefits application at
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Most Popular Articles
- DUI Checkpoint to Run This Weekend on Dunlawton
- Some City Residents Advised to Boil Water Through Wednesday
- Detectives Believe Body Found in Daytona is that of Murder Suspect
- Mosquito-Borne Illnesses Increase in Volusia County
- Port Orange Woman Wins $750,000 On Scratch Off
- Police Seeking Person of Interest in Port Orange Death
- Port Orange Fire Department Deploys to Florida Panhandle
- Just Us Girls Event to Feature Charity Auction for Murder Victim?s Family