VCSO to Participate in Memorial Events Planned for National Police Week 2021.
Written by Kristen Schmutz
Belden Communications News
This week, Sheriff Mike Chitwood and the Volusia Sheriffs Office are participating in several events recognizing National Police Week and honoring those who made the ultimate sacrifice in the line of duty.
According to a release, The Police Unity Tour, a bicycle ride from the Law Enforcement Memorial in Tallahassee to the American Police Hall of Fame & Museum in Titusville, will arrive for an Honor Stop Ceremony, at the Daytona Beach Police Department tomorrow, Wednesday, May 12.
The Unity Tour is scheduled to mark the end of this year’s ride in Titusville on the afternoon of Thursday, May 13.
At 8:30 a.m. Friday, May 14, the public is invited to Daytona Memorial Park off Bellevue Ave., in Daytona Beach, for the Volusia-Flagler Law Enforcement Memorial Ceremony. The Ceremony will highlight the reading of the names of all the local law enforcement officers who have given their lives in the line of duty.
At 7 p.m. Friday, May 14, Sheriff Chitwood will also speak at the Law Enforcement Memorial Ceremony at the American Police Hall of Fame & Museum in Titusville.
The service features a roll call of those lost in the previous year, a roll call of fallen officers with family in attendance, and tributes to those lost in the line of duty. Open seating is available, with reserved seats for 2020 survivor families. The service will conclude at 8:30 p.m., and the facility will remain open until 10 p.m.\
For more information about National Police Week and other virtual events, including a virtual candlelight vigil at 8 p.m. Thursday, May 13, visit
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Most Popular Articles
- DUI Checkpoint to Run This Weekend on Dunlawton
- Some City Residents Advised to Boil Water Through Wednesday
- Detectives Believe Body Found in Daytona is that of Murder Suspect
- Mosquito-Borne Illnesses Increase in Volusia County
- Port Orange Woman Wins $750,000 On Scratch Off
- Police Seeking Person of Interest in Port Orange Death
- Port Orange Fire Department Deploys to Florida Panhandle
- Just Us Girls Event to Feature Charity Auction for Murder Victim?s Family