Volusia County Schools Provide Updated High School Graduation Plans.
Written by Kristen Schmutz
Belden Communications News
In a release sent out by Kelly Schulz, Director of Community Information Services for Volusia County Schools, all High School Graduations are scheduled for some time in May. In the event, these dates need to be canceled, back-up dates have been set for the week of July 6, 2020.
This decision comes after student leadership from all ten local High Schools and their principals met up to discuss the matter and there was an overwhelming response to have a traditional graduation and not explore other venues.
Volusia County Schools will continue researching the viability of other senior activities such as yearbook signings, senior breakfast alternatives, college signings, academic, and athletic awards ceremonies and will continue communicating with student government leaders, principals, parents, and other stakeholders.
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Most Popular Articles
- DUI Checkpoint to Run This Weekend on Dunlawton
- Some City Residents Advised to Boil Water Through Wednesday
- Detectives Believe Body Found in Daytona is that of Murder Suspect
- Mosquito-Borne Illnesses Increase in Volusia County
- Port Orange Woman Wins $750,000 On Scratch Off
- Police Seeking Person of Interest in Port Orange Death
- Port Orange Fire Department Deploys to Florida Panhandle
- Just Us Girls Event to Feature Charity Auction for Murder Victim?s Family