Volusia County Schools Request Parents to Fill Out Technology Assessment Survey; Suspend Field Trips Involving Air Travel.
Written by Kristen Schmutz – Belden Communications
Amidst Volusia County Schools closely monitoring the COVID-19 situation, School Officials have taken a precautionary recommendation received by the Florida Commissioner of Education, regarding student field trips that involve air travel.
Effective immediately, from now through the end of the year, all student field trips that involve air travel. Officials and school staff are currently working with parents, and travel companies to figure out cancellation arrangements and/or refunds.
The School District also sent out a Technology Assessment Survey in a mass email last night, to determine student access to technology in the event the District needs to close for an extended duration of time. This will help with the distribution of remote work for children to ensure that they aren’t missing any work.
The survey is open until Tuesday, March 17, and has been emailed to each family, or the Survey can be found here.
Officials are asking if you have more than one student in Volusia County to fill out a survey for each child.
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Most Popular Articles
- DUI Checkpoint to Run This Weekend on Dunlawton
- Some City Residents Advised to Boil Water Through Wednesday
- Detectives Believe Body Found in Daytona is that of Murder Suspect
- Mosquito-Borne Illnesses Increase in Volusia County
- Port Orange Woman Wins $750,000 On Scratch Off
- Police Seeking Person of Interest in Port Orange Death
- Port Orange Fire Department Deploys to Florida Panhandle
- Just Us Girls Event to Feature Charity Auction for Murder Victim?s Family