A ‘Boil Water Notice’ is in effect for parts of Port Orange.
Written by Kristen Schmutz
Belden Communications News
Residents of the Laurelwood subdivision, the Barefoot Park subdivision, and Daytona's Endless Campground in Port Orange are under a boil water notice due to a recent water main break. The City of Port Orange issued a boil water notice following a water main break.
According to a release, the joint on the water system's main line separated while a contractor was doing work by Madeline and Laurelwood to fix a stormwater main damaged during Hurricane Nicole. Crews fixed the break around 2:00 a.m. Tuesday, March 7, 2023.
Residents and campers in the affected areas should boil their water until further notice. Boiling water is essential to kill any potential bacteria or other harmful organisms that may be present in the water, and the city will notify residents as soon as the boil water notice is lifted.
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Most Popular Articles
- DUI Checkpoint to Run This Weekend on Dunlawton
- Some City Residents Advised to Boil Water Through Wednesday
- Detectives Believe Body Found in Daytona is that of Murder Suspect
- Mosquito-Borne Illnesses Increase in Volusia County
- Port Orange Woman Wins $750,000 On Scratch Off
- Police Seeking Person of Interest in Port Orange Death
- Port Orange Fire Department Deploys to Florida Panhandle
- Just Us Girls Event to Feature Charity Auction for Murder Victim?s Family