Additional Vehicular Beach Access Ramps Open Through Sunday, January 3
Written by Kristen Schmutz
Belden Communications News
To ensure visitors and residents can easily access the beach through the end of the year, additional vehicular beach access ramps are open through Sunday, January 3.
Milsap Road, Hartford Avenue, Botefuhr Avenue, Minerva Road, Florida Shores Boulevard, Van Avenue, El Portal Street, and Emilia Avenue will be open in addition to regular off-season beach access ramps.
“Due to the pandemic, we know that many families are choosing to stay home for the holidays this year, including those in our community,” said Coastal Director Jessica Winterwerp. “A beach visit is a great opportunity for people to get outside and still follow safety practices, such as social distancing. What better way to celebrate the holidays than by appreciating the natural beauty of our beaches?”
Those who decide to brave the cold waters should swim in front of a staffed lifeguard tower.
As a reminder for those planning a beach visit after the first of the year—annual beach passes are no longer sold by calendar year and instead are valid for 365 days from the purchase date.
For more information on beach pass sales, visit www.volusiabeachpass.com/.
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Most Popular Articles
- DUI Checkpoint to Run This Weekend on Dunlawton
- Some City Residents Advised to Boil Water Through Wednesday
- Detectives Believe Body Found in Daytona is that of Murder Suspect
- Mosquito-Borne Illnesses Increase in Volusia County
- Port Orange Woman Wins $750,000 On Scratch Off
- Police Seeking Person of Interest in Port Orange Death
- Port Orange Fire Department Deploys to Florida Panhandle
- Just Us Girls Event to Feature Charity Auction for Murder Victim?s Family