Lake City man dead after vehicle fire outside of Daytona Beach Police Department Headquarters.
Written by Kristen Schmutz
Belden Communications News
The Daytona Beach Police Department is currently working on an active investigation following a car fire outside the Daytona Beach Police Department Headquarters that left a 55-year-old Lake City man dead.
According to a release, officers were first made aware of the vehicle fire just after 2:00 a.m. on Wednesday when the vehicle – a gray 2003 Ford van – pulled into the parking lot near the front lobby entrance.
Flames were coming from the van and seen by officers on the scene.
The driver, the Lake City man, ran out of the vehicle covered in flames and collapsed in the parking lot five feet away from the van, and passed away on the scene shortly afterward.
Daytona Beach firefighters were able to extinguish the fire before it spread. An initial investigation indicates it was not due to a mechanical issue inside the van. The Police Department is working collaboratively with the state fire marshal's office on the open investigation.
The identity of the victim has not been released pending notification of next of kin.
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Most Popular Articles
- DUI Checkpoint to Run This Weekend on Dunlawton
- Some City Residents Advised to Boil Water Through Wednesday
- Detectives Believe Body Found in Daytona is that of Murder Suspect
- Mosquito-Borne Illnesses Increase in Volusia County
- Port Orange Woman Wins $750,000 On Scratch Off
- Police Seeking Person of Interest in Port Orange Death
- Port Orange Fire Department Deploys to Florida Panhandle
- Just Us Girls Event to Feature Charity Auction for Murder Victim?s Family