Spruce Creek Fly-In Plane Crash Leaves 1 Man Killed and 1 Critically Injured
A small plane crashed Tuesday night in the Spruce Creek Fly-In gated aviation community. 1 man was killed and the other man was critically injured.
According to Volusia County Spokeswoman Laura Williams, the single-engine, private plane nearly hit a home. Nobody on the ground was injured.
The crash site is in the 2500 block of Taxiway Echo and occurred around 7:30PM Tuesday night. One man was pronounced dead at the scene and another, who is in critical condition, was taken to the Halifax Medical Center.
The National Transportation Safety Board and Federal Aviation Administration were notified and are investigating the crash.
The Volusia County Sheriff’s Department had a deputy at the scene through the night.
This article will be updated as more information becomes available.
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Most Popular Articles
- Some City Residents Advised to Boil Water Through Wednesday
- Detectives Believe Body Found in Daytona is that of Murder Suspect
- Mosquito-Borne Illnesses Increase in Volusia County
- Police Seeking Person of Interest in Port Orange Death
- Port Orange Woman Wins $750,000 On Scratch Off
- Just Us Girls Event to Feature Charity Auction for Murder Victim’s Family
- 30 Acres Near Pavilion at Port Orange will be used for Multi-Family Apartments
- Port Orange Police Advisory For Spruce Creek Fly-in Entrance at Taylor Rd