Woman killed in Daytona Beach shooting spurring lockdown of local schools.
Written by Kristen Schmutz
Belden Communications News
The Daytona Beach Police Department is currently searching for a suspect in a shooting that claimed the life of Karli Elliott, 30, after she succumbed to her injuries at the Halifax Health Medical Center in Daytona Beach. Next of kin has been notified of Ms. Elliott’s death.
According to a release, police are actively searching for Chad Keene, 37, in the murder of Ms. Elliott. Keene's last known location was in the immediate area of Glenview Boulevard and Peninsula Drive. In an abundance of caution, three neighboring schools were placed on lockdown, and include Ortona Elementary, Our Lady of Lourdes, and Riverview Learning Center. Those lockdowns have since been lifted.
No further information regarding the incident can be given, as the investigation remains active and ongoing.
Daytona Beach Police apprehended Mr. Keene, on Tuesday, August 16, 2022, just before 6 p.m.
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Most Popular Articles
- DUI Checkpoint to Run This Weekend on Dunlawton
- Some City Residents Advised to Boil Water Through Wednesday
- Detectives Believe Body Found in Daytona is that of Murder Suspect
- Mosquito-Borne Illnesses Increase in Volusia County
- Port Orange Woman Wins $750,000 On Scratch Off
- Police Seeking Person of Interest in Port Orange Death
- Port Orange Fire Department Deploys to Florida Panhandle
- Just Us Girls Event to Feature Charity Auction for Murder Victim?s Family