Emergency Solutions Grant Funds Available.
Written by Kristen Schmutz
Belden Communications News
The U.S Department of Housing and Urban Development has provided the Emergency Solutions Grant for Volusia County. ESG Funds help with the implementation of programs that provide rapid re-housing and homelessness prevention.
Not for profit 501© (3) organizations are eligible to submit applications to the county.
$80,686 has been allotted for each aspect of the program (Rapid Re-housing and Homelessness Prevention). Of these funds, $6,051 may be used for administrative costs for each program. Successful applicants must provide a 100% match.
Homelessness prevention programs must provide housing relocation and stabilization services to prevent individuals or families who are at imminent risk of becoming homeless. Rapid re-housing programs must offer housing relocation and stabilization to individuals and families, living in shelters or in places that are not meant for human habitation, that need help moving as quickly as possible into permanent housing and achieve stability.
These programs must serve the entire county and comply with written standards of Commission on Homelessness and Housing for Volusia and Flagler Counties. Volusia County’s ESG funding may not be used in Flagler County.
Applications, which include the written standards, are available by contacting Edina Toth at email@example.com or 386-736-5955, ext. 12908.
The application deadline is noon Friday, September 11.
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Most Popular Articles
- DUI Checkpoint to Run This Weekend on Dunlawton
- Some City Residents Advised to Boil Water Through Wednesday
- Detectives Believe Body Found in Daytona is that of Murder Suspect
- Mosquito-Borne Illnesses Increase in Volusia County
- Port Orange Woman Wins $750,000 On Scratch Off
- Police Seeking Person of Interest in Port Orange Death
- Port Orange Fire Department Deploys to Florida Panhandle
- Just Us Girls Event to Feature Charity Auction for Murder Victim?s Family